gr gb de
kip.jpg

Share |



Zaglis Kalarites | Accommodation Ioannina | Rooms in Kalarites


Kipina

Magnet of attraction for the traveler in the region is the historic monastery Kipina, southwest of Kalarrytes the road to Ioannina.

The visit to the monastery of the 13th or 14th century, sealing the entrance to a cave and literally hangs in the middle of a vertical cliff, offers in addition to spiritual uplift and a fabulous view.

Sacred space and imposing, wild beauty and intricate structure. The impressive monastery with unique architecture near the village Kipina the road Kipina - Kalarrytes.Built almost in the middle of a huge rock on the northeast side of the wild river gorge Kalarrytikos and causes admiration and critical foundation in both height above the vertical cliffs.The monastery is dedicated to the Assumption, but Friday celebrates Easter, the feast of the Life-Giving Spring.

The name, according to linguists, probably derives from the Slavic Kip, which means image or picture and the suffix-fiber.This name later became and the neighboring village Armporesi. The Seraphim Byzantium wrote that the monastery was built in 1212 by Bishop Gregory, was created when the Despotato.

To get to the monastery by climbing the path that is carved in the rock slope and reach a small wooden hanging bridge before entering.The bridge was still mobile and get up a mechanism so that the monastery to become inaccessible to would-be raiders after vacuum 4 meters when it gets to the cliff. In the courtyard of the monastery on the right is the tomb of the abbot Chrysanthos.

The monastery church is carved in the rock is a small domed basilica with frescoes were probably in the 17th century. The roof of the temple smilefthike and became a dome.In the pit of rock built on two levels the ground floor reception area and the winter, where there is a wooden cabinet - door leading to the crypts. On the floor, the monks' cells and the guest quarters, offer magnificent views of the village and river.The specificity of the monastery that remove you from the north entrance of pronaos begins a cave entrance with path length of 240m., Maximum height of 9 m which has been explored in 1956 and 1993 by Anna Petrocheilos and Stefanos Nikolaidis, members of the Speleological Greek Expeditionary Group.The cave was once the bed of an underground river, which is why at the foot of the hill where the monastery comes plenty of water. Today is a dependency of the Monastery of Tsoukas (1931) and belongs to the Bishopric of Ioannina.Recently renovated and can be visited by pilgrims after consultation with the priest Lambros Arleto (tel 26590-61790) and Dimitrios Kotsis (tel 26590-61186).


gr_big.jpg

The company strengthened to modernize under the Operational Programme "Digital Convergence". Co-financed by Greece and the European Union.