Zaglis Kalarites | Hotels Kalarites | Rooms Kalarites
The village had Kalarrytes and has the advantage to be hosted in a landscape of rare beauty. Local wonderful architecture of the village, which is already characterized as a single "traditional settlementfrom the relevant ministries, resisting the threats of time and stands out with its hospitable inhabitants.
Visitors along the cobbled carble stone streets, we wander around the picturesque neighborhoods of the village.We found in the main church of Saint Nicholas with ornate, carved wooden screen and crystal chandelier made in Trieste, will rest on the steps of cardioid square and enjoy the vastness of the landscape beneath the deep-shaded old growth trees.
The location on the north and from the community called Bari (2285 m). It is the area with plateaus and mountain pastures connects Thessaly Epirus. To the northwest of Kalarrytes Syrrako is that a straight line think that is very close, while the two settlements separated by steep ravine Kalarrytikos river.
The rich history of the village, legends and traditions from the 13th century after the Turkish occupation is felt in every corner of the village. It is the village with its 23 bridges, with 20 elaborate fountains and churches 7 as the Monastery of the Life Giving Source Kipina the 13th century St. Nicholas in the 14th century.
Fountains, bridges, floors, watermills
The strong gradient in the settlement, which ends abruptly at the gorge Kalarrytikos, requiring residents to produce arable land with dry stone, known kiparia, where they cultivate their vegetables.The dry wall, which holds the small agricultural land constitutes the very identity of the massif and shows interest on the part of the cultural ecology. The community is full of such kiparia.
The water of the settlement provided by the sources that exist in or on it.Each of the taps is characterized by the water offers, digestive, heavy or suitable for cooking legumes.
|The water running under the arched bridges connected by stone paths, thus ensuring the movement of people and transport. |
The tap Paraschi (1768) are vaulted with traditional architecture, covered with a dome. Located next to Casares Fasoulas, house building, there paraskefastirio cheese on the Northwest side of town. Paraschi family were merchants in Ioannina in 1763, in Venice, and Livorno (1799-1811).
Known also are: the Gouras, Nessi's Square, the Bargianni of Bazaka plate in place of the union of Tzoras roads sions and Thessaly, in place of the Kelly NW entrance of the village, jackets, Fitrou near the ruins of the house the family Voulgaris , push Tzaminas in the northwest of the village, and Baltas Gkontrou Kipina from the entrance.
|Famous bridges in the village are the Division of seats and shake. Outside the village is remarkable suspension bridge in Gogos Kalarrytes work Germanoumichanikou Baykman (1935), the bridge Kouiasas of Tsaltas height over 20 meters in the village to Kipina Pramanta Christs and Karlimpou to the monastery symbolizes Matsouki.|
Threshing in the mountainous region enough, as the agricultural crops, which were from women included the production of wheat and barley that once sufficed for the needs of residents.
Most are in boxes Tsora, holidays (near the fountain Paraschi) and Kelly.
From 1750 and then built mills, which were indispensable in processing raw materials to feed the residents, but also textiles and cleanliness.In the settlement for the winter there was a watermill in box Raftani, while in summer the river is Kalarrytikos watermill in box with Kouiasa mantania (for soft clothes) and dristella (on hard).
|Churches - Monasteries |
Two monuments to visit the church of St. Nicholas in the village and the monastery of Kipina, a few kilometers before the village, the road comes from Arta and Ioannina.
The parish church ofSt. Nicholas, patron saint of Kalarrytes, built in the 15th century, probably in 1480. Located in the village and is a great triple, triune domed basilica with elaborate critical and very tall dome.The church burned in 1821 and the current woodwork (screen, pulpit and episcopal) built in 1845 by Metsovite craftsman. The main chandelier was constructed in Trieste and was donated by the family Nessi during the 19th century.The two side aisles are dedicated to the right hand of Saint Haralambos and left at All Saints.
The church held religious items, works of renowned silversmiths Kalarrytes as gospel by Athanasios Tzimouri.The frescoes of the church is magnificent art, but it is conserved. There are not three layers of frescoes from different eras. The church can be visited one after consultation with the priest or during an operation. But photography is prohibited inside the temple.
Second parish church is Holy Trinity, built in 1818 in the NE of the village, where there is the cemetery. The temple was destroyed during the revolution of 1821 and in 1943 by German occupation forces.For service after the first disaster, the AssociateBafas sent money from Zante in 1846. The Thessalian Kalarrytes offered money for the second repair of the church, completed in 1999. Celebration of the Holy Spirit.
Apart from temples to visit and chapels, including:
- Agios Athanasios, northwest of the community
- Panagia, 1400 meters above the village
- All Saints Anargiri BA at Livadi, close to sacrosanct
- Saint Christopher, just before entering the village, the road from Ioannina and Arta
- Agia Paraskevi, Down from the mountain Kalogirou, a steep place in a cave at an altitude of 1750 m.
- Prophet Elias, at an altitude of 1690 m.
- Transfiguration, north of the community